Old 11-04-2004, 01:26 AM
youreit youreit is offline
Registered User

Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Default What is a Sun Star plant?

Quote:
Originally posted by RFox
Can anyone help me identify this flower?

I picked up a small potted perennial plant
called "Sun Star". It has long sturdy leaves
and a thick stalk about 6" tall where at the
top are clusters of budding flowers.
The flowers are bright orange, have 6 petals,
open about 45 degrees out (not flat) and are
about 1" in diameter.

The tag it came with calls it "Sun Star" with
no latin name and I can't find it anywhere on
the net.

Does anyone know what it is so I can look it up?

I'm not sure if someone already posted something on this, since I just wandered upon this site the other day after purchasing my own "Sun Star". I finally found it, though! It's called Ornithogalum, in the Liliaceae family. I believe the one referred to here is O. dubium. I hope this helps.