Old 11-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Alan Gould

Default Slugs?

In article , ajr
writes
Many thanks in advance for any advice.

We've had more than usual activity this year with pigeons attacking
mainly young brassica leaves. For that problem I erect 'one-minute-
scarecrows'. I grab a colourful empty 80 litre plastic bag, an 8ft.
runner bean pole and a flower pot. I push the pole into the ground near
to the targeted plants, turn the flower pot over onto the top of the
pole, then drape the bag cornerwise over that. Any slightest breeze sets
up motion and sound sufficient to convince even pigeons to go elsewhere.
The job takes less time to do than to describe - i.e. one minute or so.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.