Old 12-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Default Where can I buy a mature dwarf Cherry tree in the NYC area?

Hi Larry,
Millers Nursery in Canadaigua, New York is selling what they call
an X-tra Dwarfed Bing Cherry, which grows to about 6-7 feet high. Their
phone number is 1-800-836-9630. I have never grown this particular tree,
so I can't personally endorse it. I have grown other miniatures, like
Apricots and Nectarines, but unfortunately they all died on me. If you can
bring the tree into your apartment in the colder weather, that might
make a big difference. I am in zone 5.

Sherwin D.

Larry Racies wrote:

Looking for a tree about 8; high that will propagate my Bing Cherry.
It will be planted in a container on a terrace in a Manhattan high-rise.

thanks,
larry