Old 12-04-2004, 08:04 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Problem with new pond

"pixi" wrote in message
Had my pond and waterfall put in last fall but...
The skimmer is too low in the water. The landscaper was so far behind in
his work that I said I would wait until spring if he would come back in
April.

Now he says he can't and I'll have to wait my turn. Whenever that might
be.. So I think I'm stuck. I certainly can't landscape around the

skimmer
and am not sure whether I dare put fish now or not.

Can anyone tell me if I dare put fish in now? Will it hurt them if he
raises the skimmer with the fish in? Or I suppose I could take them out
temporarily. Got another pond down the hill where the fish live at

present.
==========================
I noticed no one replied to your post but it is a holiday. :-) I don't
have waterfalls and skimmers. I do know my fish are thriving without these
things. I do have a filter, settling plant tank and a second pump to keep
the water moving better in both ponds this year. I can't see why raising
the skimmer would harm the fish should you put them in the pond now.
If he dumps soil or other debris in your pond when he works on it it may
cloud the water for awhile. Can you find someone else who is not so busy?
Perhaps you can add the fish and hope for the best.
--
Carol....
"Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way."