Old 12-04-2004, 10:35 AM
JohnQ

Default Hedge Thickening (Help Please)

I have a deciduous hedge (unsure of type I'm afraid) which is about four
feet tall and comprised of roughly thirty or so plants round the edge of my
front garden. The stems of these plants are up to two inches across which
means there is a lot of stem/branch but not a great deal of leaves so they
look thin and scraggy. We have only been here about a year and it seems
that the hedge hasn't been looked after properly.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to thicken it up? If I planted box (or
similar) inbetween what is there already would it help, or would it just
look messy?

All advice gratefully acknowledged.

--