Old 12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Sacha

Default Hard landscaping advice

Janet Tweedy12/4/04 10:40

We ought to amalgamate our hard landscaping areas I suppose. Over the
years we've added bits to the patio etc etc. However all the books I've
read seemed to suggest that you match the house with the paving.

I am not, and never will be, blessed with a design type mind so can
anyone who does have the ability to see things that aren't there,
suggest a material that will go with 1934 Bucks. faded red brick and
hawthorn hedges?
Gravel looks awful, York might be too dear............

All advice gratefully accepted.

I don't mind gravel, though I do prefer paving - preferably herring bone
brick. We have gravel on the path that goes right round our house and it's
good from the pov of having no moss, draining well and acting as a security
warning.
But are brick paths and terracing a possible for you?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)