Old 12-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Stephen

Default Summer '03/'04 wind down and pictures

Hi Kirra,

Sorry for the delay in replying.......

Did you get the pics ??

If not read on if your game :-)
I'm trying to grow several and definitely having trouble with three of them.
My favourite (at the moment) is Jayne Austin - a fairly rigorous climber in
its 1st full season.

Here's the list with no preference

Sharifa Asma - I lied a little about the preference this used to be the best
rose ever ? I have two- the original grafted which is struggling at the
moment because it only gets the morning sun, but the cutting I took 2-3
seasons ago is doing Very well- the fragrance is delicious.

Sweet Juliet - This rose is about four seasons old. It has struggled a
little since I took it out of its pot an put it on a fence line that gets
full sun all day in a northerly exposure. The roses have been rather small
this season, perhaps because its been very dry and I don't seem to find
enough time to water regularly.

Lilac Rose - Pretty happy with this one even though it only gets morning
sun. Not sure if I like the fragrance though...

Evelyn - Same story as the sweet juliet - perhaps I need to feed and mulch
both before nxt season ?

Abraham Darby - I purchased this rose to climb a pergola (other side to
Jayne) its flowers are wonderful very fragrant... But the stems are very
thin and struggle to support the flower. Its not as rigorous a climber as
Jayne.

Egalatyne-

Heritage -

Mary Rose -

Redoute -

The pilgrim -

Tradescant -

Miss Alice - I thought miss Alice was a 3-4 foot high bush rose but it has
struggled in full sun and hasn't got much bigger than a miniature in its 1st
season

Crocus -

Will fill you in about the rest soon... Must go. She who must be obeyed is
calling (or is it screaming) :-). She being our beautiful 8 month old
daughter called sienna.

I'm a brave man but not stupid :-) The wife (Karen)would have a fit if I
used such terminology towards her. Lol.

Cheers

Stephen

"