Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 PM
zxcvbob

Default Where can I buy a mature dwarf Cherry tree in the NYC area?

Larry Racies wrote:

Looking for a tree about 8; high that will propagate my Bing Cherry.
It will be planted in a container on a terrace in a Manhattan high-rise.

thanks,
larry

Can you plant a standard sour cherry tree? They are naturally dwarf
(will top out about about 14' if you don't prune them at all) and begin
blooming in just a couple of years. They are also hardier than sweet
cherries, and more useful for cooking. I'm pretty sure a sour cherry
will pollinate a Bing. You should be able to get a nice one in a 5
gallon container for a *lot* less than $100.

Best regards,
Bob