Old 12-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Katra

Default Whats wrong with this palm ?

In article ,
(br) wrote:

I've got a palm tree/plant in a pot indoors. The tips of the leaves
have been turning brown and a few leaves are starting to die off
slowly. I added some fertilizer about 2 weeks ago, but i haven't seen
any change in the plant. It gets watered about once a week. It is
placed next to a window but doesn't get much if not any direct
sunlight. I do take it outside and leave it in the sun about once a
week. Any ideas what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance

Here is a pic of the leaves:
http://www.geocities.com/rbalach/palm.jpg

Salt burn. Excess mineral buildup in the soil...

Needs re-potting and gently remove as much of the older soil from the
roots as you can without damaging them.

HTH?

K.

--