Old 12-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Tom B.

Default How often should I dose Seachem?

I have done some research on this topic and I have realized how much of a
loaded question this was. I am going to basically figure it out for myself
by doing what I always have and then changing one thing at a time (as much
as possible). I have high (~40PPM) nitrates but other than that I think my
tank is doing great since I switched to a Fluval 204 filter. I wanted an
Ehiem but I don't have the $$.

Anybody have any idea why my nitrates are so high? Nitrates have pretty much
been rock steady where they are since I started testing the water. Nothing I
do seems to help. I tried large water changes, lots of plants, and feeding
less. I also tested my tap water and it is around 5PPM, bought a completly
different test kit and same results. I'm thinking I might remove a piece of
driftwood and plant even more.