Old 13-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Steveo

Default Another Fertilizer Question... :)

Well I didn't catch where you live first off. At any rate, crabgrass
is an annual grass weed, it only lives one growing season so most of
it can be prevented in the spring. You may not need a pre-emergence,
but it's a decent insurance policy. It may not be too late for you
to use it, depending on your soil temp in a few weeks when it's
time for you to feed again. (if you decide to use it)

We try to get it down before the Forsythia stops blooming here
in N Ohio. ( btw..Dimension is a good preventer)

"Shane" wrote:
Steveo,

I haven't put down a crabgrass preventer, is that something I really
need to do? I don't think I have any crabgrass anywhere. I have Kentuky
blue grass and the only thing that looks bad is the dandelion's and now
the white top weeds that are starting to spread in the backyard. I
can get the dandelion's undercontrol, but I'm kinda worried about this
white top weed.

Shane

"Steveo" wrote in message
No problem. Have you put down a crabgrass preventer yet?

"Shane" wrote:
Thanks Steveo, I can always count on a reply from you!

Shane

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Shane" wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I fertilized my lawn with Scotts Turf Builder about two weeks
ago. Everything is turning green and all your comments and
suggestions helped me. BUT I am starting to notice dandelion's
and white tops in my grass now! What would be the best way to
control that? Should I go buy Scotts Turf Builder Plus 2 and
refertilize the lawn? Or should I find some
spray
thats safe for the lawn and spray each infected area? Any

information
would be greatly appreciated!

Shane

Ortho's weed be gone liquid works great. It even comes in a ready
to use hose end sprayer, if you're leery of mixing it yourself.

Don't re-fertilize till 6 weeks have gone by.