Old 13-04-2004, 03:33 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Minature cattails

"RED1102" wrote in message
Does anyone know how deep you should put cattails in your pond? I use to

keep
them on a milk crate about 12 in under the water, then last year I moved

it to
the edge. Now the pot sits about 3/4 into the water. I would like to drpo

it
all the
way to the bottom of the pond but not sure if it would survive. Any help
would be appreciated. I live in Northern NJ
Carole

Why drop them to the bottom? That would probably drown and rot them
depending how deep your pond is. I have mine with about 1" of water over
the pot top and they're thriving.
--
Carol....
"When did my wild oats turn to prunes and All Bran?"