Old 13-04-2004, 09:03 AM
adavisus

Default Does one of my Koi have BULIMIA?

This story is not about any of the Koi above! This story is about Mr.
Yellowman! He eats a lot of food and then spits them back out! Non stop!
He starts off eating enough normally, then competes with he other Koi for
the balance of the food, and that's how his bulimic behavior starts!

Should I take him to Dr. Phil for counseling?

Some koi are just plain greedy bullies. As soon as it starts spitting
food out, stop feeding it, because all it is doing is polluting the
water...

Koi only have small tums, when they are full they will waste food by
chewing at it and spitting it about

Try perking up it's diet with meat tid bits, it's quite possible it's
diet is lacking protein and it's desperately hungry pigging out on an
unbalanced diet...

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html