Old 13-04-2004, 02:32 PM
escapee

Default Royal Paulownia tree

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:30:17 GMT, Bill opined:

Hi Y'all,

Found a catalog ad for a Royal Paulownia tree for $4.99. Ad states it
can grow roof high in one year. (Does this seem legit?)

Is this tree in the same family as the Royal Poinciana.

I livein west central Florida.

Y'all have helped me before.

Thanks,

Bill

I bought a Paulownia at (of all places) Home Depot. It is a Paulownia
kawakamii. It was 2 feet tall when I bought it. The first year it grew 8 feet,
this is it's second year (third growing season) and it is about 20 feet tall.
These are very fast growning trees, and they are actually also hardwood.

http://www.smgrowers.com/info/paulownia.asp
http://www.dragontrees.com/dragonbe.html

Here are two URL's with the info on them.