Old 13-04-2004, 02:32 PM
escapee

Default Royal Paulownia tree

I agree, but if you have a large property, it is a great fast growing tree. It
is said to be one which can take over, but not here in Texas. The problem trees
here are Chinese tallow and wax leaf ligustrum. I planted my P. out at the far
back of the property to shade out the dumb street light...and it does that
perfectly. It's not near any water pipes or wells, or sewer drains. I wouldn't
plant it near any of those.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:51:55 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
opined:

Its a weed tree that you don't want to deliberately plant in your yard no
matter how cheap it is.

"Bill" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Y'all,

Found a catalog ad for a Royal Paulownia tree for $4.99. Ad states it
can grow roof high in one year. (Does this seem legit?)

Is this tree in the same family as the Royal Poinciana.

I livein west central Florida.

Y'all have helped me before.

Thanks,

Bill