Old 13-04-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Royal Paulownia tree

zhanataya wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:30:17 GMT, Bill
wrote:

Hi Y'all,

Found a catalog ad for a Royal Paulownia tree for $4.99. Ad states it
can grow roof high in one year. (Does this seem legit?)

Is this tree in the same family as the Royal Poinciana.

Hi Bill

Not sure about the "weed" issue! I guess what you are talking about
are a Paulownia tormentosa (syn. P. imperialis) and definatley not
related to Poinciana! This is a tree from China growing up to 50ft
tall - and yes indeed wery farst the first years, I would say up to
5-6ft the first year. But it does not send out runners and it does not
flower the first years! So it will deffinately not pop up in your lawn
the first years - what happens when it do flower and set seed i don't
know though! I think the other guys have an other plant in mind!
best wishes