Old 13-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Phisherman

Default Herbicide recomendations please

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:02:52 GMT, "Den" wrote:

Hello Group:

I've recently brought a house in Southern California (gulp!). I'm now
*very* poor - and have promised my first child to the mortgage company!!

Seriously tho', the driveways, patio and the parkway areas are rather
overrun with weeds. I need to find an easy to apply herbicide to blitz
them - probably will need multiple blitzing.

When I lived in the UK I used to by a Scott's product called Pathclear - the
active ingredient was a chemical called simazine. It was easy to use - empty
one sachet to a watering can and water on!

I'd like to avoid the stuff that you dilute two dribbles in a cubic furlong
of water and then spray on and would prefer the dilute one sachet in a
watering can and water on approach if poss.

Does the group have any recommendations for me?

Cheers

Den

I've used a propane torch to clear weeds that grow in driveway cracks
and such. Generally you need just need enough heat to wilt the
leaves. Here in the USA, the popular product is RoundUp. With this
you spray the product onto the leaves. I use it on tough weeds such
as poison ivy (which you won't find in S.California).