Old 13-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Phisherman

Default Herb garden

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:19:10 -0400, "limey"
wrote:

I'm a neophyte at growing herbs and need help with this question.

If I plant basil, thyme, dill, oregano (and maybe parsley) what size garden
bed should I need and how far apart should I place the plants? TIA

Dora

limey at toad dot net

Herbs do not take up much space. I have a new area in the garden, a
parsley patch (3x4 feet), but that is way more parsley than I'll ever
need. Each seed packet will tell how far away to plant the seeds.
Dill can get quite tall. Oregano and thyme are low-growing and in
many parts, perennials. Most herbs like quick-draining soil, full
sun, no fertilizer or use organics.