Old 13-04-2004, 06:07 PM
pete

Default Murderous yankees fire on ambulances

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:55:44 +0100, "Scott"
wrote:

"Benedict White" wrote in message

DJ wrote:

and Sadam will go down as.............a really nice chap

History may show me to be wrong, however, I suspect Saddam may not be
held up to be a really nice chap.

Still we shall see.

Stranger things have happened. I read that he was not going to be tried in
Iraq and may well be offered a life of luxury in exile, in return for his
silence - as with Idi Amin. Who knows the Americans might just decide they
need him to run Iraq and keep its warring factions apart. Gaddaffi?

Idi Amin wasn't offered a life of luxury at all Scott. He escaped to
Lybia where he stayed for a while then he went to Saudi where
eventually his fax and international telephone lines were cut. He made
an attempt to return to Uganda via Nigeria where he was captured and
returned to Saudi. For a while he was allowed to think that Saudi
would not have him back. He quietened down after that somewhat.
pete