Old 13-04-2004, 08:03 PM
David J Bockman

Default Herbicide recomendations please

There is an extremely nasty herbicide called Triox, marketed under Ortho as
'Total Vegetation Killer'. Please read the label and, if you decide to use
it, apply with caution. A flametorch works well and won't harm the
enviorment (unless it gets away from you) P

Dave

"Den" wrote in message
Hello Group:

I've recently brought a house in Southern California (gulp!). I'm now
*very* poor - and have promised my first child to the mortgage company!!

Seriously tho', the driveways, patio and the parkway areas are rather
overrun with weeds. I need to find an easy to apply herbicide to blitz
them - probably will need multiple blitzing.

When I lived in the UK I used to by a Scott's product called Pathclear -

the
active ingredient was a chemical called simazine. It was easy to use -

empty
one sachet to a watering can and water on!

I'd like to avoid the stuff that you dilute two dribbles in a cubic

furlong
of water and then spray on and would prefer the dilute one sachet in a
watering can and water on approach if poss.

Does the group have any recommendations for me?

Cheers

Den