Old 13-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Cumberpach

Default Crittall Hope greenhouse base

"Mark Nolan" wrote in message
om...
I have acquired a large greenhouse with a heavy galvanised steel frame,

made by Crittall Hope in Braintree, Essex around 1965. I've found out a lot
about Crittall (and Hope) on the net. I've also read the recommendations for
greenhouse bases, ie blocks, brick, treated timber etc. I'm erecting it on
a concrete base and the part of the frame which rests on the ground has two
lips, the outer one deeper than the innner. Anyone seen anything like this

before? I would like to know what Crittall themselves recommended for the
greenhouse to sit on.

When you buy greenhouses, the purchase of a base is optional. The 2 lips
probably located on the (original) base. Although galvanised, I suspect that
over 40 yrs, the original base has perished.

If Crittall Hope is still trading - I would give them a call.

Pete