Old 14-04-2004, 05:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Can't access a floating water lily tuber, will it attach by itself

"Raphaella" wrote in message
om...
I did a stupid thing: there is a big 3 acre-ish pond by my house.
Yesterday I went to Lowes and got 3 water lilies, tied them each to a
big stone and tossed the 3 packages into the pond hoping they will
grow. But the lily broke away from the confinement and float up in
the middle of the pond. The pond's bottom is filled with muck and I
can't risk my life retreating the lily. Now I think I joepardize the
lilies'life.

I don't think it's likely the lily will drop to the bottom on it's own...
get that bathing suit on. :-)
Wear sneakers in case there's "trash" on the bottom.
--
Carol....
"When did my wild oats turn to prunes and All Bran?"