Old 14-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Crittall Hope greenhouse base

"Mark Nolan" wrote in message
om...
I'm erecting it on a concrete base and the part of the
frame which rests on the ground has two lips, the outer one deeper
than the innner. Anyone seen anything like this before? I would like
to know what Crittall themselves recommended for the greenhouse to sit
on.

Our Halls greenhouse was like this (also bought second-hand.) We screwed a
treated timber frame to the base and then put the greenhouse onto this such
that the outer lip overhung. (Prevents rain, wind etc getting under the
frame.) Use mastic between frame and base and greenhouse and frame. Plug and
screw the timber frame to the base and then screw the greenhouse to the
frame.