Old 15-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Lee B.

Default What kind of salt to get

Hey Sue! Yeh - if there's nothing else in it but salt - but trust me: a 3
lb. box of kosher salt won't do jack-diddly for a pond's salt level. And
it's expensive compared to a 20 lb. bag of rock salt. Shoot - you can buy
the rock salt at the grocery store (I know Publix and Winn-Dixie carries
it) - it's more expensive than at Home Depot, but you won't have to make the
extra stop.

Lee

"Sue Walsh" wrote in message
om...
"Lee B." wrote in message

The lasts time I looked, kosher salt has/d YSP, which is something

that's
used to keep the salt from clumping. It's not good for gills . . .

Lee,
My box of Kosher Salt says ingredients: Salt

Nothing else listed, does that mean it's OK to use for the fish?

Sue W