Old 15-04-2004, 09:03 PM
David Hill

Default what is wrong with this tomato plant?

"......... have some young tomato plants, F1 Shirley variety, and they are
about 6 inches in height. I have a photo of what looks like a disease on
some of the leaves:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simplicool/tomatoleaf.jpg ........."

If they had suffered from cold then the leaves would have turned a blue
green, Sunburn would cause tip burn if they were short of water at the same
time.The clorosis that they are showing could be caused by a mineral
deficiency, but at only 6 inches I would doubt that. root problems such as
waterlogging can give the same look, but I wonder looking at the marks on
the tip and the piece turned back if they could have mildew.
Also check on the back of the leaves for red spider and very fine webs that
they make.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries