Old 16-04-2004, 04:04 AM
Cichlidiot

Default EBO-Jager, Fully submersible or not?

Jim Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:25:52 -0500, Tom B. wrote...

I just purchased an Ebo-jager 100W heater for my 10g (I know a 50w would be
better for 10g but it's really a backup heater for my primary tank, a 20g)
tank thinking it was a fully submersible heater. when I got it though it
doesn't say anything specifically about being submersible and it has a water
line near the top of the heater. Is it submersible or not?

That line is the safe minimum water line, that much of it *must* be
submerged.

The newer models sold in certain countries have two water lines, a maximum
water line and a minimum water lines. The older models only had the later.
You are supposed to keep the water level between these two lines on the
newer model, but I've heard people who have them who submerge them like
the old model in a thread that came up on this same topic several months
ago in one of the aquaria groups.