Old 16-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Sean Dinh

Default Rubbermaid filter life

If it leaks again, you could use electrical pvc parts to fix it. Since their
threads don't taper like irrigation pvc parts, they could be tighten all the
way. The spigot I made doesn't need gasket nor sealant.

"Adrian J. Bauer" wrote:

I just had the same "great idea" and have a spigot made from PVC fixtures at
the bottom of my new skippy filter. I had a tough time sealing it and am
now wishing i hadn't cut that hole! I think I have it pretty water tight
with a rubber ring and plenty of silicone for good measure. If it
eventually leaks it will be a slow one. I'll start it up this weekend and
see how it holds. The tub was about 20 bucks so I won't be out a ton of
money just alot of time and effort.