Old 17-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Plantain Hosta

"pixi" wrote in message
Think that's how it's spelled. I am looking for Plantain Hosta. It is

not
bothered by sunlight. Anyone know where I can buy it? Thanx

Pixi

Pretty much any hostas can tolerate sun provided they are given the correct
conditions. But it depends a lot on where you are located and your soil
conditions. In general, hostas with a lot of gold variegation or solid
yellow foliage will tolerate sun better than those with lots of white
variegation or with blue leaves. Also, very small leaved hostas regardlesss
of foliage coloring are more sun tolerant. All will need considerably more
attention to watering than those planted in the shade.

pam - gardengal