Old 17-04-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Fruit and Nut tree in N. Illinois?

consider that fruit trees require spraying and upkeep. not doing so provides a
breeding ground for pests of fruit trees that can affect commercial crops or even
neighbors crops. look around the area and if there are apple trees that are
untended, forget apples unless you like the idea of spraying every 7 days.
nut trees are less fussy. most nuts in our neck of the woods requires a sledge
hammer to open. Ingrid

Ignoramus12245 wrote:

I would like to get rid of some useless trees and replace them with,
first, fruit trees (for example, apple trees), and, second, with trees
that produce edible nuts.

What kinds of fruit and nut trees can I plant in this climate?
(Northern Illinois)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com