Old 17-04-2004, 07:42 PM
JRYezierski

Default cover crop for asparagus

Just let it go to fern at the end of the season.That will prevent most of
the weeds but you will still need to weed a little now and than.
Other methods ,putting plastic down,other methods of covering up the isles
will cost time/money and you will still get weeds coming up among the
"grass" so just let it go to fern which will bush out nicly and keep
moisture in and weeds down besides looking great.
We used to grow for the Boston Market so cost and ease for "aspergrass"
care we have lots of expirence.
Jerome
"Nick" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a 40' x 12' asparagus patch. Has anyone tried using a cover crop,
like buckwheat, for weed control?

Nick