Old 17-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Rob Halgren

Default PHYSAN

Susan Erickson wrote:

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:55:20 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

Bob Walsh wrote:

Rob,

Seems harsh for a Township requirement, though maybe not for the primary
structure on a property.

Are you sure it is not a utility easement area? We have had that
sometimes. Then you have to sign a waver that you will
remover/uproot any impeding planting or structure IF the utility
company needs access. It kept us from planting a Lilac hedge
near the back fence.

No, not there, anyway. If it is, the office guy wouldn't know about
it. He didn't even ask where I lived, exactly. I don't know why you
couldn't put in a hedge anyway, if the utility needs access, chainsaw it
down. Lilacs grow fast.... Forsythia might work too. I keep hacking
mine down to the ground in hopes of killing them, and they keep coming
back (and blooming beautifully) the next year. Quite a tap root on a
forsythia bush...

I got lucky and they routed a gas pipeline about a mile to the east
of me. They were originally going to run it through my yard, I think.
That was before I bought the property, obviously I wouldn't have
purchased it if there had been a gas line running through it. Now that
is something you don't want to hit with the backhoe by accident...

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit