Old 17-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Gareee©

Default Has anyone seen firepit information online anywhere?

"joe" wrote in message
I saw that too. It was the one where the flame come out of sand or gravel
right? You might try the hgtv web site or try a google search.

Yep. The challenge of course, would the be gas distribution. You could use
two brass "grill" type burners, but then you'd need to be worried about
getting the sand in the burners themselves, but I'll bet pea gravel would
work fine.

I'm sure you could use a plastic planter in a pond, put a large clay pot
inside that, and the burner then inside that. Fill the plastic pot with
sand/pea gravel, and do the same with the clay pot. You'd just need an
extension for the propane line.

The weight of the pea gravel would keep the plastic planter submerged, and
you could always put a few large rocks/stones in the pond for it to rest
one. (Something flat would be best, to protect the liner.)

Heck, you could probably even stagger some flagstone pieces on top of the
pea gravel, and the gas/fire would come between the cracks.

--
Gareee©
Homepage: