Old 17-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Gareee©

Default Has anyone seen firepit information online anywhere?

I just watched a HGTV show where they built a firepit in the middle of a
pool/pond. It was run by gas, and the entore circular area had flames.

I'm wondering if there's a online source for building/buying something like
this.

My idea, if to use a circular kid's pool, painted black with Krylon Fusion,
and place it underground, near my new pond. We'd put the firepit in the
middle of it, and then cover the edges with flagstone, like the pond's
edges.

We'd have to find a creative way to hide the propane tank, but I'm sure it's
doable.

Someone here was working on a bubbler from within the pond itself, but I
really liked this solution.

Any ideas?

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 17-04-2004, 07:55 PM
joe

I saw that too. It was the one where the flame come out of sand or gravel
right? You might try the hgtv web site or try a google search.

Joe

Old 17-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Gareee©

"joe" wrote in message
I saw that too. It was the one where the flame come out of sand or gravel
right? You might try the hgtv web site or try a google search.

Yep. The challenge of course, would the be gas distribution. You could use
two brass "grill" type burners, but then you'd need to be worried about
getting the sand in the burners themselves, but I'll bet pea gravel would
work fine.

I'm sure you could use a plastic planter in a pond, put a large clay pot
inside that, and the burner then inside that. Fill the plastic pot with
sand/pea gravel, and do the same with the clay pot. You'd just need an
extension for the propane line.

The weight of the pea gravel would keep the plastic planter submerged, and
you could always put a few large rocks/stones in the pond for it to rest
one. (Something flat would be best, to protect the liner.)

Heck, you could probably even stagger some flagstone pieces on top of the
pea gravel, and the gas/fire would come between the cracks.

Old 17-04-2004, 07:55 PM
joe

Try a fireplace store. I'm sure they sell replacement grills for gas
fireplaces.

Joe

Old 17-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Offbreed

joe wrote:

I saw that too. It was the one where the flame come out of sand or gravel
right? You might try the hgtv web site or try a google search.

Wow. I found a place where satanists were holding sabats and
considered laying a pentagram under the gravel for them, using propane.

Might have worked after all, huh?

(They were not "nice people". I think I could live with considerable
distress on their part.)

Old 17-04-2004, 08:10 PM
chagoi

Gareee© wrote:
"joe" wrote in message

[...]

Check out the link on my website:
You'll need adobe acrobat to view them.
http://ourkoipond.com/patio_campfire.htm

The burner Retails for $259

I have installed many of these on land but, have yet to find time to
experiment with floating it on a pond. Although It could easily be set
on an island in the middle of the pond.