Old 03-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Concave Cutter

In a message dated 2/3/2003 4:37:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

Michael: I got one years ago when they were a LOT
cheaper. (Wasn't everything?) I know these are
nice for working on azalea. What other uses have
you found for them?
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA

Alan:

Cost is always an issue. );-)

For those who are not familiar with this tool, the crescent blade branch cutter has a spring for automatic opening after making a cut. The spring can either be used or removed for complete manual control.

As for the question, I like to use it for both detailed work as well as major branch removals. I look upon this tool as a 2-in-1 alternative to carrying both shears and a concave cutter.

I am certain that you will agree that it is a fascinating and versatile tool for the bonsai fanatic! );-) I do not know if it is available in anything other than stainless steel.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: