Old 18-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Gary Woods

Default Oca, chufa and croznes

Kay Easton wrote:

That's not the things also called 'chinese artichokes' is it?

There was a glowing article in, I think, Mother Earth News last winter....
I've got several plants to try on the basis of that and a section in
William Woys Weaver's "100 Vegetables" book that I got last summer.

I have regular Jerusalem Artichokes as well; they're native to this area
(Upstate _New_ York) and were a winter food for the original inhabitants.
Those long houses must have been "interesting" on a winter's night.