Old 18-04-2004, 01:49 AM
Brian

Default Toddler and laburnum

All parts are very poisonous but taste terrible.
The fruits [pods] do look similar to miniature garden peas to a child and
that is the danger. Many other plants are as poisonous but don't look so
'grown up' or so familiar and tempting.
To remove or not must be your own decision~~the cut wood is most
attractive. I had adventurous children and several Laburnums with no ill
effect.
If the chid did manage to eat some [not very many] and swallow [without
spitting out] then would become ill to very ill.
I have found that children do take notice of warnings and don't 'try out
for themselves'.
Best Wishes
"Rosie" wrote in message
I have a toddler and a medium-sized laburnum tree at the back of my

garden,
which seems to produce a lot of seeds.

How poisonous are these seeds? They do seem to get everywhere. Would I

be
best off getting rid of the tree?

(Obviously she isn't left to wander around the garden by herself, but she
does like shoving things in her mouth.)

ROSIE