Old 18-04-2004, 03:24 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Gardeners World Live

The message
from "Roy Lynch" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?

I've never seen or heard of one at such gardening events.

TBH I would strongly advise against taking children of any age to such
events if you can possibly avoid it; the ones I've seen always look
wretched. Same goes for non-gardening adult companions.

There is a huge amount to see, none of it remotely interesting to
children (even if they could see it, which they usually can't because of
the density of adults). There often isn't much room for pushchairs and
backcarriers. I'd allow an absolute minumum of 4 hours to look round,
far longer than most children would be happy left in a small strange
temporary creche. That's probably why they aren't provided.

Janet.