Old 15-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Roy Lynch

Default Gardeners World Live

Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?
Thanks Roy

Old 15-04-2004, 09:03 AM
jane

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:41:02 +0100, "Roy Lynch"
wrote:

~Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?
~Thanks Roy
~
~
Just one for purchased plants, I believe. I've never noticed one for
children in the past few years.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 15-04-2004, 09:32 AM
JennyC

wrote:

~Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?
~Thanks Roy
~
~
Just one for purchased plants, I believe. I've never noticed one for
children in the past few years.
jane

You could have a look at their site or give them a ring
http://www.bbcgardenersworldlive.co.uk/

Jenny

Old 16-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Roy Lynch

Roy Lynch wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?
Thanks Roy

Sound advice thank to you all. I'll leave the kids with the mother in law. I
married her daughter why should I have all the suffering lol
Roy

Old 17-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Roy Lynch" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me if they have a crèche there for children?

I've never seen or heard of one at such gardening events.

TBH I would strongly advise against taking children of any age to such
events if you can possibly avoid it; the ones I've seen always look
wretched. Same goes for non-gardening adult companions.

There is a huge amount to see, none of it remotely interesting to
children (even if they could see it, which they usually can't because of
the density of adults). There often isn't much room for pushchairs and
backcarriers. I'd allow an absolute minumum of 4 hours to look round,
far longer than most children would be happy left in a small strange
temporary creche. That's probably why they aren't provided.

Janet.