Old 18-04-2004, 03:45 AM
MissJuggs

Default Red Lily Beetle

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:11:57 +0100, "Neil James"
wrote:

Digging up all your lilies sounds a bit excessive to me. Lily beetle can do
a lot of damage in a short time, but with regular inspections you can keep
the numbers down. I had been simply squishing them up until last year, but
my Dad suggested a product called 'Bug Killer' which really does seem to
keep them at bay. Regular applications of this spray at monthly intervals
should do the trick.

They were in a pot, so I thought I should repot them ... while doing
so, I found that I had vine weevil as well. . Have now vine weevil
proofed all my pots, and have, indeed, got rid of the lilies, will
introduce some more in a couple of years.

Glenys

--
"A Newsweek poll said if the election were held today, John Kerry
would beat Bush 49 percent to 46 percent. And today, President Bush