Old 18-04-2004, 03:47 AM
pendletonpr

Default Hayter El. Mowr Bttry Alternative

I have a Hayter 48 electric start and. despite care in charging and
recharging ( in the winter ), the batteries have had a life span of some
2 - 2 1/2 years. Replacements have cost about £40 from Hayter agents and
alternative batteries to the same electric specifications have always had
the wrong dimensions for the battery cage ( the Hayter is matchbox shaped
lying on its side ).

I have at last found an alternative. The YUASU Corporation battery NP2.9-12
12V, 2.9ah rechargeable battery's power specs are identical to the Hayter
although it has to be laid on its side in the mower battery cage ( this does
not matter with a sealed battery ). It has bayonet (flat) positive and
negative connections and a replacement male/female connection plug is
required to connect with the mowers ( my supplier uses the old connection
from the failed battery ).

Cost £12.85 ( twelve pound eighty five pence ). Some saving from £40/00!!!!

If you don not have a stockist near you I will email the address of my
supplier in Twickenham. ( You will of course have to pay postage ).

Pete