Old 18-04-2004, 03:47 AM
pendletonpr

Default Hayter El. Mowr Bttry Alternative

I have a Hayter 48 electric start and. despite care in charging and
recharging ( in the winter ), the batteries have had a life span of some
2 - 2 1/2 years. Replacements have cost about £40 from Hayter agents and
alternative batteries to the same electric specifications have always had
the wrong dimensions for the battery cage ( the Hayter is matchbox shaped
lying on its side ).

I have at last found an alternative. The YUASU Corporation battery NP2.9-12
12V, 2.9ah rechargeable battery's power specs are identical to the Hayter
although it has to be laid on its side in the mower battery cage ( this does
not matter with a sealed battery ). It has bayonet (flat) positive and
negative connections and a replacement male/female connection plug is
required to connect with the mowers ( my supplier uses the old connection
from the failed battery ).

Cost £12.85 ( twelve pound eighty five pence ). Some saving from £40/00!!!!

If you don not have a stockist near you I will email the address of my
supplier in Twickenham. ( You will of course have to pay postage ).

Pete

Old 18-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Rod

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:41:19 +0100, "pendletonpr"
wrote:

I have at last found an alternative. The YUASU Corporation battery NP2.9-12
12V, 2.9ah rechargeable battery's power specs are identical to the Hayter
although it has to be laid on its side in the mower battery cage ( this does
not matter with a sealed battery ). It has bayonet (flat) positive and
negative connections and a replacement male/female connection plug is
required to connect with the mowers ( my supplier uses the old connection
from the failed battery ).

Cost £12.85 ( twelve pound eighty five pence ). Some saving from £40/00!!!!

Suppliers like RS Components http://rswww.com/ stock the full range of
sizes/styles of these batteries (not cheap but you know you are
getting good current stock from them at a fair price) If you want
cheap, you can use the descriptions on their website to get the Yuasa
part number then shop around. Some of the surplus places have very
good prices on SLA batteries.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply