Old 18-04-2004, 05:07 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Experiences with sod cutters

I normally would. Time factor. The customer wants this done in 2 weeks
before the annual home tour. If I known her before she contracted me, I
would have had her not water for several months and I would solarize and
torch burn the top layer of turf. I kinda lucked out on this. She
contracted me Thursday and the next customer on Friday contracted me to
construct a rain garden for them and they needed a lot of sod. I'll pull
this sod up and transport a few miles and relay it. =

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
=

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:06:09 -0500, J Kolenovsky
wrote:
=

Anyone have any experiences to share?

=

Why are you removing sod? I've learned to solarize and rake of
burned leaf material and keep the root mat when converting a yard to a
"native landscape".
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a=

pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky