Old 17-04-2004, 07:38 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Experiences with sod cutters

Anyone have any experiences to share?
-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 17-04-2004, 07:38 PM
cacahuates

J Kolenovsky wrote:
Anyone have any experiences to share?

Brouwer and Kesmac are the most popular brands. Trebro makes two models
that are completely automated.

Old 17-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Pam - gardengal

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business

Yep - don't try to transport them home from the rental store in the back of
a Fiat Spyder convertible :-))

pam - gardengal

Old 17-04-2004, 07:38 PM
David J Bockman

Not *that's* funny Pam....................

everyone knows Fiat Spyders have no 'back'! P

Dave

Old 18-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:06:09 -0500, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Why are you removing sod? I've learned to solarize and rake of
burned leaf material and keep the root mat when converting a yard to a
"native landscape".
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Old 18-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

The guy at the rental store very handily stowed it in that somewhat open
area that euphemistically passes as a backseat - top down, of course. It was
another matter entirely for me to remove it from that position once I got it
home. Managed to rope in an innocent passer-by to assist. Sometimes being a
single woman has its disadvantages.........but not very often.

pam

Old 18-04-2004, 05:05 AM
J Kolenovsky

Whooee, girl. You must be muscular. These things are heavy. I have a
trailer with a gate that swings down for ramp loading. Whew! Had me
worried there for a while.

JK

=

Old 18-04-2004, 05:07 AM
J Kolenovsky

I normally would. Time factor. The customer wants this done in 2 weeks
before the annual home tour. If I known her before she contracted me, I
would have had her not water for several months and I would solarize and
torch burn the top layer of turf. I kinda lucked out on this. She
contracted me Thursday and the next customer on Friday contracted me to
construct a rain garden for them and they needed a lot of sod. I'll pull
this sod up and transport a few miles and relay it. =

=

=

Old 20-04-2004, 07:04 AM
J Kolenovsky

If I do buy a used one for the business, it won't be a Ryan. Probably
will be a Bluebird. They are nice pieces of equipment.

=

Old 22-04-2004, 02:03 AM
J Kolenovsky

I've tried all 3 now, Ryan, Bluebird and Classen. Survey says
"Classen!".

J Kolenovsky wrote:
=

Anyone have any experiences to share?
--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

[IMG] code is On

Sod cutters Grogmeister Lawns 2 08-07-2005 12:52 PM
Petrol Hedge Cutters Jack Ouzzi United Kingdom 0 11-04-2004 08:03 AM
Viking hedge cutters Robert United Kingdom 0 21-03-2004 03:15 PM
Post Hole cutters Its-eddy ! United Kingdom 10 05-06-2003 11:20 PM
Question about weed cutters spampot Gardening 1 31-03-2003 04:20 AM