Old 18-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Honeysuckle vine or?

In article , "EBG"
wrote:

I have a long fence far back in my property that I'd like to
grow a fast growing vine on.

I'm familiar with sliver lace (the vine from hell) and trumpet vine and I
love how fast they grow but was thinking about a honeysuckle because I don't
care if it's invasive.....but wanted some reward.....as in fragrance and
blooms.

This fence is in full sun to part sun along it's length and beyond other
suggestions....I was wondering if there's a particular Honeysuckle I should
look for......or just the "Japanese honeysuckle"? Fast and Fragrant is key.

Thank you.

I have honeysuckle in my backyard. It's the one that blooms white
and then turns yellow (or vice versa - I forget which). It's just now
starting to flower.

I like it and it is very fragrant when it blooms. It even blocks out the
smell of the doggie doo! My only complaint is that the bloom period
doesn't last very long -- only a few weeks.

If I were going to choose something today I'd try to find a vine that
flowers most of the summer, if such a vine exists.

Just my 2 cents!

I'm in central Texas.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)