Old 18-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Steveo

Default 2 questions for the lawn gurus...

"Former Organ Donor" wrote:
1. I have a moss growing in my lawn on the north side of the house. I
have tried everything from skimming it off of my lawn to digging it out.
There is no way to get sun to it directly, but even in the spots that get
plenty of sun, it still grows. What do I do to get rid of it?

Try agricultural limestone applications, 50 lbs/1000 sg ft. Your soil
may be acidic. It may take a year or more to see results.

2. I have this vine-ish stuff all over my yard. Someone told me it was
'creeping charlie' and that there was some stuff I could spray on it to
make it go away. I have a problem with sprays because my children like to
play in the back yard where this stuff is taking over my lawn. Is there a
way to get rid of it without the chemicals? If not, what is a good
chemical that is kid friendly?

Any advice would be great!

Weed b gone, keep the kids off the lawn for 24 hrs.