Old 18-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Dave Gillingham

Default Seeking information on 2 dendrobes - aries & schulleri

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:54:09 -0600, Susan Erickson
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:15:20 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

I have been researching the lineage of one of my dendrobe hybrids on
the RHS website. I can find nothing in any of my books on the above
two species in its pedigree; nor can I find anything at the local
library in "Dendrobiun & its Relatives" (Lavarack, Harris & Stocker).

What I would like is the sort of information in the above book: Genus
section, region of origin, environment, plant & growth habit
description, flowering time & floral description, cultural advice, &
desirably pictures.

Is it possible that aries & schulleri are outdated synonyms? Can
anyone please point me somewhere useful - but politely ;-) ?
Dave Gillingham

Dave -
Have you tried looking at the www.orchidspecies.com ? This is a
database of orchid information. Often there are pictures of the
described species as well as synonyms listed. Good luck.
SuE

Sue,
Thanks very much - great site & I've bookmarked it. But no D. aries
or D. schulleri :-(

Dave Gillingham