Old 18-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Brian

Default mystery flowering currant variety

Expect a height 6-8'or more. Spread 5'. No fruits but fabulous racemes of
flowers to nearly 2'!! It was a cross between R. aureum and R.sanguineum.
Best Wishes
In article m, melanie
writes
I wonder if anyone can help. From a local garden group I have purchased

a 'Ribes
Gordianum'. It looks like an ordinary flowering currant,

except that the flowers
are pretty peach and gold coloured. I have

trawled the net looking for a bit
more info on size etc, and cannot

find a mention! Does anyone know of it?
thanks
Melanie

--
melanie

I'd guess that this is Ribes x gordonianum, which is a hybrid of Ribes
aureum and Ribes sanguineum. (I guessed what might have been mispelt as
Gordianum.) 75 links found in Google.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley