Old 18-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Eur Ing John Rye

Default mystery flowering currant variety

Hello Melanie

In article m,
melanie wrote:
I wonder if anyone can help. From a local garden group I have purchased
a 'Ribes Gordianum'. It looks like an ordinary flowering currant,
except that the flowers are pretty peach and gold coloured. I have
trawled the net looking for a bit more info on size etc, and cannot
find a mention! Does anyone know of it?
thanks

RHS Dictionary of Gardening (1951 edition)

Ribes X Gordonianum
(R areum x R sanguineum)
Intermediate in most characteristics, but not as beautiful as either . fl
racemes of about 20 reddish oitside, yellow within April Sterile Raised at
Shrubland Park Ipswich about 1837 SYN R Beatonii

John

--
EurIng J Rye CEng FIEE Electrical Engineering Consultant
18 Wentworth Close Hadleigh IPSWICH IP7 5SA England