Old 18-04-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Supplier of large stone?

In article , Mike
writes
Try your local quarry Trevor, I got mine from Tarmac's nr Bury St
Edmunds, depending on what you describe as big, you can collect, they
weigh you in and weigh you out and you pay for the difference, its
surprising how much will go in a Volvo estate... also you get to pick
the stones you want, a helluva lot cheaper than GC's

Do they apply a tax? Something to do with 'extracting nature's resources'?
It was explained to me that if I were prepared to accept 'crushed concrete'
as opposed to 'shale?' which was straight from the pit, it would be cheaper.
(Car Park for a Community project)

(Shale not acceptable in this case I know, but it is the "Tax" ;-( I am
questioning)

Its probably the aggregate tax you are referring to, it is(IIRC)
£1.60/tonne so no big deal for the quantities talked about here,
agricultural purposes are exempt so if you could find a link...

--
David