Old 18-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Supplier of large stone?

(Trevor Tyrrell) wrote in message . com...
We are considering building a pond with a large waterfall feature. We
are looking for a supplier of large rocks to build the waterfall.

Does anyone have any recommendations, UK based preferably in East
Anglia or with nationwide delivery?

"Quarries" in Yellow Pp are likely to be the cheapest. Delivery can be
the biggest part of the cost, so in general the nearer the better. If
the source is reasonably local, you can also go and see what the
stone's like before buying; you'll probably even be able to say which
particular chunks you want.

If you're talented, you can also make realistic hollow fake rocks out
of suitably coloured concrete, using artistic holes in the ground as
moulds and chicken wire stuffed with newspaper as reinforcement. I've
never gone that far myself, but I have managed to make smaller "rocks"
which toned in quite well when I had some mix left over from jobs.

Mike.